anntastic

leaning on the side of wonder

Landline

Landline - Rainbow Rowell

Full review to come closer to publishing date.

This book. A lot of feelings. And not so much the swoony first-love kind. More of the "we've been married for 15 years & weathered two kids" and...life, y'all. LIFE. And marriage. And kids. And choices. I CAN SO RELATE TO THIS NOVEL. In some ways this book fell short for me - probably because I loved Fangirl & Attachments so very much, and because this one hit a little too close to home. But in even more ways, this book was excellent BECAUSE it hit a little too close to home. If that makes sense? Her musings on marriage - via the mouthpiece of Georgie and The Magic Fucking Phone - are astute, insightful, funny, and heartbreaking. Everything we've come to expect from a Rainbow Rowell book is there - the quirks & quips, the amazing characters (even the supporting ones). The pop culture. The banter & descriptions that are so wonderfully Rainbow. I don't know how she creates novels that are so very very different but all so equally enjoyable and insightful. I'll read anything she would write because I absolutely love living inside her words & the worlds she creates.